The 2015 World Day for Audio Visual Heritage (WDAVH)celebration which takes place on October 27, 2015 mark’s its 10th year anniversary.
The theme for this year’s celebration is “Archives at Risk: Protecting the World’s Identities” As WDAVH celebrates its 10th year anniversary,the Coordinating Council of AV Archive Associations(CCAAA) encourages the community to organize eventsand highlight its theme and 10th anniversary not only during the events on the Day itself but all year round.
A series of events over a 10 month period shall be arranged by the CCAAA member institutions in celebration of the 10th anniversary.
Meanwhile, the CCAAA welcomes contributions to the website in the form of:
- News articles regarding the celebration of the WDAVH;
- Feature write-ups on preservation programs and those needing attention too;
- Copyright-cleared photos, audio/video clips for the listening/viewing pleasure and appreciation of the website visitors;
- Publicity and promotional materials; and
- Other related items of interest to the public.
The submission guidelines for contributions to the website are as follows:
- Text and photos should be set in electronic copy. Please refrain from sending the url of your existing website;
- Photos should be accompanied with captions and already reduced to web resolution;
- In case of non-English contributions, submit a screen-grab of the foreign language website;
- Audio and video clips may be submitted as links with or without embed codes.
Meanwhile, contributions may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
CCAAA Co-ordinator for WDAVH 2015